Born Priscilla Opoku Kwarteng, the Ghanaian dancehall artist Ebony Reigns with a hit song titled “Sponsor” has been recorded as the number one on the Musicians Union of Ghana top twenty most played songs on radio for 2017.
The announcement was made by the president of MUSIGA at a press soiree in Accra on 12th January, 2018.
In his address, the president of MUSIGA, Bice Osei-Kuffuor best recognized as Obour explained that data in the Music Industry is missing and so as part of efforts to catalog useful data and keep memorable records of artists’ contribution to entertainment in the country, the union has decided to outline top twenty songs every year.
He emphasized that the list centers on the songs that enjoyed maximum airplay and popular among the people.
Obour further indicated that the songs selected as top twenty enjoyed 80% airplay in the Country.
The talented songstress whose songs like “Sponsor, Maame Hw3 and Hustle” took over the Ghanaian airwaves throughout the year 2017 has performed at major events in the year under review and has received awards for her spectacular performances and entertaining prowess.
Below is the full List:
1. Ebony – Sponsor
2. Wutah – Bronya
3. Kidi – Odo
4. Magnom – My Baby feat. Joey B
5. Kuami Eugene – Angela
6. Shatta Wale – Taking Over
7. King Promise – Oh Yeah
8. Patapaa – One Corner
9. Fancy Gadam- Total Cheat ft Sarkodie
10. Samini – My Own
11. Stonebwoy – My Name
12. Kidi – Say You Love Me
13. Captain Planet – Obi Agyi Obi Girl ft Kofi Kinaata
14. Shatta Wale – Ayoo
15. Kurl Songx – Jennifer Lomotey -ft Sarkodie
16. Stonebwoy – Come From Far
17. Sarkodie – Pain Killer ft Runtown
18. Becca – Na Wash ft Patoranking
19. MzVee – My Name
20. Shatta Wale – Forgetii ft Millitants & Pope Skinny