Kennedy Osei Asante, son of Ghanaian businessman Dr. Osei Kwame Despite married his girlfriend Tracy in a colourful ceremony on Valentine’s Day eve at Trassaco Valley and saw prominent people in attendance.
Best known as Ken, the General Manager of Despite Media is the eldest son of Osei Kwame Despite. He had his elementary education at the John Teye Memorial Institute, Accra before attending Adisadel College, Cape Coast.
He also holds a Master’s degree in Money, Banking & Finance from the University of Birmingham, England.
Kennedy has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Banking & Finance Option) from the University of Ghana and an LLB Law from Mountcrest University College as well.
Here are 10 things to know about the newly married General Manager of Despite Media
1. He oversees Okay FM, Neat FM, Peace FM, Hello FM, UTV and Peacefmonline.com as General Manager
2. He has been in the Real Estates business for almost a decade, seeing to renting, renting of properties in the Greater Accra and Ashanti regions
3. Ken has refurbished a library for Rev. John Teye Memorial Institute, his alma mater, Rev. John Teye Memorial Institute’s a library
4. He has organized a free talk on “Evolving the African Narrative: Focus on Deriving Economic Benefit from African Emerging Dominance in Pop Culture” With The Tribal Africa X Open Space Team at the Kempinski Hotel, Accra
5. He saw to the execution of projects and donations from his father which includes 37 Military Hospital’s “Despite Children’s Block”, the Wiamose Police Station Complex, the Tesano Police Station and a lot of others- per the Despite Media annual Free Health Care Programme
6. He is the Managing Director – Golden Crest Hotel and Golden Crystal Hotel
7. He is the Director of Aerial Plus Service – a company that is into power line inspections, advertisement and other media content provision
8. He is the Director of Nextbite Company Ltd – Importers of Food products and confectionaries
9. He is a Founding Member of TRIBAL AFRICA – a movement of young Africans set up to promote African Culture and Heritage
10. He loves Tracy to bits!