In a statement, Mr Abdul-Hamid said: “My attention has been drawn to a picture of a white 4×4 wheel vehicle with registration number ‘HAMID 1-18’ being circulated on social media purporting to be my vehicle.
“I wish to state the following:
1. That I do not own the said vehicle.
2. That I have never owned or used a white 4×4 wheel vehicle.
3. That anyone who knows me well, will know that I will never customise a vehicle registration number either in my name or otherwise.
4. That checks done at the Driver Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) reveals that the said vehicle registration number does not exist in their system.
5. That any person who sees the said vehicle should report same to the nearest police station since the registration is fake which is criminal.”