High blood pressure (hypertension) can quietly damage your body for years before symptoms develop. Left uncontrolled, you may wind up with a disability, a poor quality of life or even a fatal heart attack. Roughly half the people with untreated hypertension die of heart disease related to poor blood flow (ischemic heart disease) and another third die of stroke.
Lifestyle plays an important role in treating your high blood pressure. If you successfully control your blood pressure with a healthy lifestyle, you might avoid, delay or reduce the need for medication.
By making these 5 lifestyle changes, you can lower your blood pressure and reduce your risk of heart disease.
If you’ve been diagnosed with high blood pressure, you might be worried about taking medication to bring your numbers down. Here’s some activities to undertake:
1. Walk and exercise regularly
Exercise is one of the best things you can do to lower high blood pressure.
Regular exercise helps make your heart stronger and more efficient at pumping blood, which lowers the pressure in your arteries.
TIP: Walking just 30 minutes a day can help lower your blood pressure. More exercise helps reduce it even further.
2. Reduce your sodium intake
Salt intake is high around the world. In large part, this is due to processed and prepared foods.
For this reason, many public health efforts are aimed at lowering salt in the food industry.
TIP: Most guidelines for lowering blood pressure recommend lowering sodium intake. However, that recommendation might make the most sense for people who are salt-sensitive.
3. Drink less alcohol
Drinking alcohol can raise blood pressure. In fact, alcohol is linked to 16% of high blood pressure cases around the world.
TIP: Drinking alcohol in any quantity may raise your blood pressure. Limit your drinking to no more than one drink a day for women, two for men.
4. Eat more potassium-rich foods
Potassium is an important mineral. It helps your body get rid of sodium and ease pressure on your blood vessels.
Modern diets have increased most people’s sodium intake while decreasing potassium intake.
Foods that are particularly high in potassium include:
- Vegetables, especially leafy greens, tomatoes, potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Fruit, including melons, bananas, avocados, oranges and apricots
- Dairy, such as milk and yogurt
- Tuna and salmon
- Nuts and seeds
TIP: Eating fresh fruits and vegetables, which are rich in potassium, can help lower blood pressure.
5. Take natural supplements
Some natural supplements may also help lower blood pressure. Here are some of the 3 main supplements that we recommend:
- A-Beta-Care: is an essential formula combining vitamins A and E, plus the antioxidant mineral Selenium.
This product is a combination of nutrients, available all in one convenient bottle, is one of the most important complements to good health.
Vitamin A plays an important role in vision, bone growth, reproduction, and cell division.
Vitamin E, a fat-soluble vitamin, is an excellent supplement for healthy skin. It also protects vitamin A and essential fatty acids from oxidation in the body cells and prevents breakdown of body tissues.
Selenium is a trace mineral and is one of the most powerful antioxidant nutrients known to work synergistically with both vitamin E and beta-carotene.
- Vitolize Men and Women: This product combined with a healthy diet and exercise, offers a natural solution to support prostate health and men’s vital. For women, it includes a proprietary blend of botanicals to support hormone balance and promote overall health and well-being.
The natural blend of antioxidant-rich fruits, herbs, vitamins and minerals in Vitolize Women Vitality Supplement is specifically designed with a woman’s needs in mind. This provides support for women discomfort due to PMS, menopause, or less than optimal urinary tract function which may be related to hormone changes and specific nutritional needs.
For men, the highly effective blend of potent herbs, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants is to help maintain normal urinary flow, promote healthy testicular function, and encourage optimal prostate health.
- Pomesteen Power: This product is made of powerful antioxidants from Pomegranate, Mangosteen, and other exotic fruits. There’s no disputing the fact that antioxidants are extremely vital to our health and well being. There is, however, much discussion today among nutritionists as to which fruit is the most powerful antioxidant, or which contains the most Xanthones or has the highest ORAC value rating.
TIP: Join this WhatsApp group for more healthy tips an natural ways to stay fit daily. Contact (+233) 054 853 3060 to purchase any of the supplements.