The father of late Ghanaian dancehall artiste, Ebony Reigns, Nana Opoku Kwarteng, has stated that he is yet to receive the songs made by her daughter which are yet to be released after Rufftown Records announced that they have severed all ties with Ebony Reigns’ unreleased music due to the constant interference of her father, Nana Opoku Kwarteng.
Bullet in a statement revealed that in relation to any unreleased song of the late Priscilla Opoku-Kwarteng, her father has taken over and would decide when they would be released and subsequently, receive any royalties accruing from them.
Speaking in an interview Nana Opoku Kwarteng emphasised that he would love to have the works that his late daughter left behind though he believes that Ebony’s former manager had a hand in the death of his daughter.
According to Nana Opoku Kwarteng, the late Ebony was not a happy girl before she met her untimely death. He added that Ebony was also not happy with her management due to how she was verbally abused by Bullet.
Bullet abused my late daughter more than twice, and I have an audio evidence to back this
“As I speak with you Bullet has not sent me Nana Hemaa’s songs like he is claiming. It is a lot of songs. Nana Hemaa [Ebony Reigns] told me she had over 40 unreleased songs. You haven’t sent me the songs and you are stating that you have sent to me. The inconsistencies are many,” he said in an interview.
Mr Kwarteng adds that has also suspects Bullet knew about his daughter’s death stressing that shortly after Ebony died, Bullet requested that he goes to the morgue to see Ebony’s dead body which the family denied him that access.
A pastor has said on record if really we [the family] are eager to find the cause of Ebony’s death then we should go to Bullet for answers., Mr Kwarteng said.
Ebony’s Tribute Concert Issues
Ebony’s father said after the various musicians denied taking monies to perform at Ebony’s concert he is now tempted to believe indeed Bullet knows about her daughter’s death.
A document released by the late Ebony’s father showed names of artistes written in ink and the amount they were allegedly paid for performing at the tribute concert. The list include Edem – ¢3,000, Keche – ¢3,000, Captain Planet – ¢2,000, Coded – ¢1,000, R2bees – ¢3,000, Ras Kuku – ¢1,000, Raquel – ¢1,000, Kurl Songs – ¢1,000, Episode – ¢7,00, DKB – ¢1,000, Ogee (late Ebony’s hypeman) – ¢500, DJ Shiwawa – ¢500. It also stated that ¢4,000 was given to the media as ‘soli.’
Ever since Priscilla Opoku Kwarteng popularly known as Ebony Reigns died, her father, Nana Opoku Kwarteng has been on a warpath with Bullet, late Ebony’s manager. Mr Kwarteng believes he is fighting to ensure everything that is due his daughter goes to his daughter. He explained in a recent interview that his daughter worked very hard so he won’t sit and watch her labor go in vain.
Though he’s not into music, he also adds that managing the remnants of his daughter’s efforts will require help.
I am not a music person, but I will consult people and work on it because I do not have any option.
RuffTwon Records Dumps Ebony Reigns for Wendy Shay
In the statement, Bullet, former manager of the late Ebony Reings states they own 60% of royalties in relation to the unreleased songs but they’ve renounced that and left the full 100% to Mr Opoku Kwarteng, father of the deceased.
Ebony’s father has been making allegations against Bullet for ‘chopping’ the funeral money of Ebony, claiming he only received Ghc 2,000 out of a Ghc 40,000 check.
- Editor’s Pick: Photos from Becca’s traditional wedding ceremony
Bullet responded by tagging Nana Opoku Kwarteng as greedy. Accompanying the statement, Bullet listed monies allegedly collected and chopped by Ebony’s dad since she died and for which he has never shown any gratitude.
MONEY MONEY MONEY
- I went round looking for funds to support the funeral bola ray is my witness. all the money they donated you took all and didn’t even say thank you bullet(remember these are ppl you don’t know from anywhere but my own ppl who wanted to support cos of me
- There was a cloth deal and you wanted more percentage so I gave you 10percent of my share.you didn’t say thank you
- vgma award money I was entitled to my percentage but I gave all to you,you didn’t say thank you
- Ohio tribute concert I didn’t take my percentage I gave all to you,still you didn’t say thank you
- The funeral I spent over 5000 cedis being payment of bands men.you didn’t say thank you and I didn’t even ask you to give it back to me from all the cash ppl donated cos I was doing for ohemaa
- Tribute concert you brought your men to check the gate proceeds ,whatever we made was counted by the bank in presence of your men,kasapreko and rufftown.everything was transparent so why come attack me?
- I wrote and own 95 percent of ebony’s album.by law ebony is suppose to earn between 10-20 percent royalties but I gave her 40percent
- few weeks ago you received 9300 us dollars from online royalties and you still going round saying bullet is cheating when i hv given u 40percent of my own right instead of 10 or 20percent?
- you have sidelined Midas touch my partners but they will soon come and talk!
NOW YOU CAN TAKE EVERYTHING