Officials of the Ghana Police Service Criminal Investigation Department (CID) have confirmed that decomposing bodies of the three bodies believed to be that of the 3 missing Takoradi girls.
Police retrieved some skeletons believed to be that of the three kidnapped Takoradi girls on Friday August 2, 2019.
The bodies were retrieved Friday night from a cesspit linked to the house of one of the accused persons in the case, Samuel Udeotuk-Wills.
The victims were said to have been sexually abused and gruesomely murdered after which they were reported to have been dumped in a cesspit afterwards.
The police through their investigations got the information that the missing girls were allegedly buried in the cesspit behind the accused person’s house at Kansaworodo in Takoradi.
Subsequently, police officers from Accra stormed the Kansaworodo house of the accused person, on Friday evening and cordoned off the area.
Sources at the CID Headquarters reveal that an official statement will soon be issued about the latest development which appears shocking and also dashing hopes of ever finding the victims alive as was earlier envisaged.
The girls, Ruth Quayson, Priscilla Blessing Bentum and Priscilla Koranchie are believed to have been kidnapped between August 2018 and January 2019 and have since not been found.
The main suspect in the kidnapping, Samuel Udoetuk-Wills a Nigerian was jailed recently but is still facing other charges before Takoradi Magistrate Court after he escaped from jail in December 2018 following his first arrest.
One other suspect who was arrested claimed the girls were alive until the latest discovery by the police.
The family members have since called for an independent forensic investigation to establish whether the skeletons found were indeed that of the three missing girls.
In a statement issued by the Head of Public Affairs Unit of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), Deputy Superintendent of Police, Ms Juliana Obeng, “the discovered human remains would be sent to the forensic science laboratory of the Ghana police service for analysis and further investigation.”
“As part of Investigations into the three (3) Takoradi kidnapped girls, the Criminal Investigation Department and the Western Regional Command earlier this evening August 2, 2019 conducted an operation at kansaworodo a suburb of Takoradi,” the police statement said.
“During the operation which took place at about 7pm, some human remains were retrieved from a septic tank at an uncompleted building. The building was previously occupied by convict Samuel Udeotuk-Wills who is one of the accused persons standing trial for allegedly kidnapping the three (3) Takoradi girls,” the police statement added.